Updated: Jul 3
Last month, Dr. Wilding gave a very informative presentation about the use of phototherapy and supplements to treat arthritis. In it, he goes into great detail about many studies.
We know some of you like to read the research for yourselves, so here is a list of those studies, plus a recap of the information from the presentation.
1. Phototherapy is safe and effective for treating arthritis. It's safe, and can be done in conjunction with any other treatment plan. It works because it increases blood profusion, reduces inflammation, and induces analgesia. You can read more about how we use phototherapy to treat arthritis HERE.
2. Undenatured Collagen Type II is a safe and effective treatment for joint pain. Some studies have found that it is more effective than Glucosamine Chondroitin, which up until this point has been the gold standard for a nutritional approach to joint pain relief. You can read the science behind it below:
3. Curcumin and Boswellia extracts are a safe and effective alternatives to NSAIDS. Curcumin is naturally found in turmeric, which has been long used as a natural anti-inflammatory. The Boswellia tree's rich resin also has anti-inflammatory properties. You can read a systemic meta-analysis about them below:
4. MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) and boswellia, taken together, have anti-inflammatory and chondroprotective effects, and are safe and effective for treating arthritis. You can read the randomized trial below:
5. Hylauronic Acid relieves joint pain. Hyaluronic acid is a compound found in joint synovial fluid. Taking it orally can reduce joint pain. As a side benefit, it's also great for skin! Read about it below:
6. All of the above ingredients, in the proven effective doses, are in the supplement JOINT COMPLEX. Joint complex only has to be taken once a day, which makes it an easy addition to your routine!
7. Phototherapy plus Joint Complex is Dr. Wilding's go-to treatment plan for arthritis. In the video, Dr. Wilding explains that this treatment plan always works, because phototherapy always relieves oxidative stress. Relieving oxidative stress in cells reduces inflammation, and increases blood flow. Phototherapy helps Joint Complex work better, by increasing blood flow, allowing the supplement to reach more blood vessels.